Website USP Technologies
USP Technologies is a leading provider of peroxygen-based technologies and full-service chemical treatment programs for municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment applications. We are an environmental services company specializing in full-service chemical technology programs for municipal and industrial markets for the treatment of water, wastewater, soil, and air. Our programs are custom-designed, turn-key chemical treatment programs that include equipment, system monitoring, on-site technical support, and logistics. USP Technologies is proud to be one of Danaher’s Water Quality companies. Our high-quality products, along with outstanding service and the superior technical expertise of our staff, provide maximum value to our customers.
USP Technologies is seeking a motivated Field Service Technician to join our team around the Los Angeles, California area.
If you want to find yourself in a stable, collaborative, and supportive environment that challenges you, rewards you for high performance, and offers you limitless exposure and growth potential, this could be the job for you!
What Will I Be Doing?
Working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM), you’ll provide technical equipment maintenance and service support for USP equipment at customer sites, including mechanical, electrical, and controls maintenance, and troubleshooting chemical storage and feed equipment. A typical day will consist of performing routine maintenance, installation of chemical storage and transfer equipment, and delivering technical solutions focused on water treatment (municipal and industrial groundwater, wastewater, and drinking water).
In your company-provided vehicle, with all travel expenses paid for by us, you will be traveling 75% of the time, supporting customers located within a 2-6 hour driving radius. You can plan to be back at home after most shifts; however, 16 nights per month (on average), you can expect overnight stays at company-approved hotels – employee safety is one of our topmost priorities! With teamwork and collaboration being at our core, you can also occasionally expect to travel out of region to backfill other Technicians.
What Qualifications Do I Need?
- A High School Diploma (or equivalent) with at least three (3) years’ experience in a field equipment maintenance support role.
- You have a strong fluid transfer mechanical aptitude (i.e., pumps, plumbing, instrumentation).
- Proven ability to be self-directed; you are resilient, and an expert at managing a busy workload with conflicting priorities.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record, and able to travel by air when business needs require.
What Will Make Me Stand Out?
- You have experience in the field of water treatment or working knowledge of municipal and industrial water treatment industries.
- You’re a go-getter and “lifelong learner” who is motivated by a job well done.
- Your educational background includes a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Technology, or Applied Science.
- You are technically, electrically, or mechanically inclined (a.k.a. you have a reputation for being “handy”).
- No office to report to – this is a fully remote position (a.k.a. work-from-home 25% of the time, travel 75% of the time).
- Company car, corporate credit card, and full benefits starting your first day, including medical & dental, performance-based bonuses, a Wellbeing Program, and 401(k) with employer matching.
- Lots of independence with a seriously supportive team and manager!
- Comprehensive training that includes on-the-job mentorship through more senior coworkers.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.