Website USP Technologies
What does USP Technologies do? We are a leading provider of peroxygen-based technologies and full-service chemical treatment programs for municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment applications. We are an environmental services company specializing in full-service chemical technology programs for municipal and industrial markets for the treatment of water, wastewater, soil, and air. Our programs are custom-designed, turn-key chemical treatment programs that include equipment, system monitoring, on-site technical support and logistics. Our high-quality products along with outstanding service and the superior technical expertise of our staff provide maximum value to our customers.
What is an Application Specialist? This is a field role (yeah, no office! 🚗) that conducts audits on client sites to assesses the quality of our processes and products. This includes collecting and testing wastewater/water samples, performing inspections, tests, defect and trend analysis, programming and troubleshooting the inspection equipment, and calibration maintenance, and reporting on the results. The Applications Specialist is responsible for servicing the existing customer base by executing the USP value certification through field service and support. This position is primarily focused on understanding and completing daily work associated with each account to meet contract expectations and must represent USP in a safe, reliable, and professional manner.
The territory is Southern CA and Southern Nevada. This includes beautiful LA County and rural CA from Ventura to Bakersfield to Las Vegas.
Qualified applicants will utilize their analytical and technical skills to gain an understanding of USP treatment programs including chemical feed equipment, taking, and documenting field data, troubleshooting, and safe management of chemical deliveries. This is an autonomous role and the success candidate must be able to work safely and effectively independently or as part of a team.
Why work here? USP Technologies (https://www.usptechnologies.com/), part of the Water Quality Platform at Danaher (https://www.danaher.com/), is an organization that is making a true difference in one of the most important resources in the world, water. 💧💦🌊 Supportive culture, diverse organization, truly unlimited career growth potential, company vehicle, and amazing benefits that start from day one including 401(k) that matches 100% on the first 3% and 50% on the next 2% of your contributions.
Watch a video from a current Application Specialists here: https://app.altrulabs.com/play/video/btY3VgIdYL2B/EJTrcqTgKAj0
Listen to a current Application Specialist talk about what he loves about his job! https://app.altrulabs.com/play/video/JkiN1At54XNW/GhaHcnxkDUX4
- Wastewater / water sample collection, testing, and data management
- Daily account operations to include feed rate monitoring and adjustments to exceed expectations
- Oversight of chemical delivery process to ensure timely and safe chemical deliveries
- Chemical system inspection and basic service, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Customer interface and coordination for daily work
- Timely and efficient communication with the account management team
- Ability to recognize out-of-spec situations or safety concerns and manage per customer and company protocols
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Environmental, Engineering, or other related technical degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role
- Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required. You must have the ability to travel to local customer sites daily within the account base: Bakersfield, northern LA County including the LA metro, Temecula, and Valencia areas. This will include overnight stays at company approved hotels, maybe up to 30% of the time.
- Industry knowledge specific to water and wastewater treatment is a huge plus
- Lab skills and ability to organize and communicate program specifics, including system surveys, customer reports, company forecasting, and project management
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, maturity, and accountability in a remote self-managed work environment
Apply here: https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/job/R1210630/USP-Technologies-Field-Wastewater-Technician-aka-Applications-Specialist