Website POWER Engineers
100% employee-owned engineering consulting firm
Senior PTE Project Engineer
POWER Testing & Energization, Inc. is seeking Senior Testing & Energization Project Engineers for full-time positions in our Vancouver, St. Louis, Ft. Worth, and Houston offices. These engineers must have a thorough knowledge base and skill set in transmission, distribution, conventional generation, and/or renewable generation commissioning and maintenance testing.
We strive to create an environment where our field teams operate safely, delivering excellent technical service, leading to a high degree of client satisfaction. We share lessons learned and keep our safety and technical skills sharp through training and application. If you are interested in a long-term engagement with a high-performing team, please send us your resume.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
– Manages safety, scope, schedule, and budget on testing services for electrical systems through the 500kV class
– Leads technical teams on medium-large size projects and is often the primary client interface for projects
– Contributes to scope of work documents, work plans, budgets, schedules and related proposal documents; present the finished proposal to prospective or established clients both internally and externally
– Collaborates with POWER personnel and subcontractors that provide environmental, construction management/observation, and testing/commissioning services, as called for by the project scope
– Reviews general project objectives and establishes commissioning, testing, or maintenance requirements for a whole project or major system
– Produces cost estimates and project schedules, and coordinates project deliverables
– Adheres to and positively conveys to team LOTO, electrical safety, risk assessment, and continuous improvement principles
– Supports multiple projects with complex technical challenges
– Actively fosters knowledge management and provides mentoring
– Assists the project manager in developing a strategy for technical execution of medium-to-large projects
– Develop overall project approach and sequencing of technical activities to facilitate efficient and organized execution of the work
– Organize, oversee, and contribute to the implementation of POWER’s quality process on project work to produce deliverables that meet our client’s quality expectations
– Performs additional responsibilities as requested or assigned
– Domestic travel 50% – 75% or higher is expected; some international travel opportunities may be available
– Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable engineering discipline required
– Twelve (12) + years of applicable professional experience in the electrical testing industry, including experience in medium and high voltage circuit breakers, power transformers, instrument transformers, and substation protection and controls testing
– Professional Registration (P.E. or P.Eng.) or ability to obtain one within one (1) year of hire
– Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and successful drug/alcohol screening
– Master’s Degree in an applicable engineering discipline preferred
– Experience operating in organizations having a high appreciation for Human Performance Improvement
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development and a full benefit package:
– Maternity Leave
– Parental Leave
– Paid Holidays
– Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
– Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!