Website POWER Engineers
100% employee-owned engineering consulting firm
PTE Field Service Technician
Under the guidance of an experienced Field Services Engineer or Technician, the successful candidate will be involved in the inspection, testing, and troubleshooting of moderately complex electrical systems and associated apparatus. Work may be performed in low, medium, or high voltage systems. The candidate will learn how to operate test instruments, support protection and controls testing, and gain experience in the fundamentals of electrical system components and overall structure.
The ideal candidate has; solid planning, organizing, time management, communication, and problem-solving skills and completes work with a focus on safety, quality, and a sense of urgency.
This position is based out of our Fort Worth, TX office, and the fieldwork is located throughout the Texas region.
– Completion of electrical circuits analysis series, or other courses with AC power system theory
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
– Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and night work. Must be available for out-of-town travel
– Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell
– Frequently required to sit, climb and balance
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation, and the ability to adjust focus
– Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets
– Must enjoy working in outdoor/industrial environments, and not in an office cubicle
– Associates degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology
– Completion of junior-level courses in power system analysis and/or power system protection is preferred
– A power systems emphasis would be a plus
– Prior electrical or construction internship experience is a plus
– Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and various industry standards, such as OSHA and – – NFPA is a plus
– Individuals who have passed or are scheduled to take the FE/EIT exam will be strongly considered for this position
We strive to create an environment where our field teams operate safely, delivering excellent technical service, leading to a high degree of client satisfaction.
We share lessons learned and keep our safety and technical skills sharp through training and application. If you are interested in a long-term engagement with a high-performing team, please send us your resume.
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development and a full benefit package:
– Maternity Leave
– Parental Leave
– Paid Holidays
– Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
– Voluntary Life Insurance
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!