Website POWER Engineers
100% employee-owned engineering consulting firm
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of an experienced Field Services Technician, the successful candidate will be involved in the inspection, testing, and troubleshooting of moderately complex electrical systems and associated apparatus. The candidate will learn how to operate all types of test instruments and gain experience in the operation and coordination of electrical systems. This position is based in our Vancouver, Washington POWER Testing & Energization (PTE) office, and the work is located throughout the West.
The ideal candidate:
– Completes work with a focus on safety, quality, and a sense of urgency
– Has solid planning, organizing, time management, communication, and problem-solving skills
– Pursuit of an engineering degree in electrical, mechanical, renewable energy technology, or similar. – 4th-year students enrolled in an electrical apprenticeship program are also welcome to apply.
– Working knowledge of computer systems, microprocessors, relay software, and project environment skills
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
– Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
– Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and night work. Must be available for out-of-town travel.
– Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets.
– Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship.
– Successful completion of junior-level courses in power system analysis and/or power system protection is preferred. An emphasis on a power systems option would be a plus
– Prior electrical or construction internship experience is a plus
– Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA is a plus
– Students who have passed or are scheduled to take the FE/EIT exam will be strongly considered for this position
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our client’s first choice. These traits – and deep technical skills – account for our success.
Have fun, do good, build success. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefits package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.