Nucor is a Fortune 100 corporation and ranked No. 1 in its industry in Fortune Magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies with a history of long-term stability and sustainability. We are seeking creative, ownership-driven individuals to join our team! We offer you a challenging and rewarding environment where you can contribute to the success of Nucor across the nation. Nucor has a strong commitment to our team members and work-life balance.
Vulcraft Indiana, a division of Nucor, is a well known leader in the design and manufacture of custom-engineered steel joists and decking. We are a team that provides our customers with high quality products, tools and technological solutions that drive profitability.
Basic Job Functions:
Vulcraft-Indiana is seeking qualified candidates for a Sales Engineer position in the Dayton market. This person will be in the Fairborn, Ohio sales office. Compensation will consist of salary plus commission.
- Take care of our customers! Develop and maintain strong, loyal business relationships.
- Provide accurate joist and deck cost estimates from project plans and specification.
- Provide valued cost-effective design options that meet customer and project criteria.
- Organize and coordinate project requirements with customers, architects, engineers, contractors and teammates.
- Review project orders for accuracy / revisions
- Maintain high standards of professional, informative, and responsive written and verbal communications
- Offer technical assistance to market and lead Business Development initiatives
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering from an ABET – Accredited institution
- Successfully completed the FE exam (or awaiting results from recent testing)
- Experience in the steel joist and deck industry
- Estimating / detailing experience
- Knowledge of general building construction
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace