The Waste Management Engineer is responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of all waste management equipment and systems onboard the Global Mercy, the world’s largest civilian hospital ship. The minimum commitment for this opportunity is 6 months.
- Responsible for all systems that handle and process waste outside of the engine room
- Manage the waste handling equipment and systems onboard
- Manage the treatment and disposal of shipboard-generated waste
- Maintain proper records of maintenance carried out in the Company’s planned maintenance system
- Maintain records of waste as per MARPOL regulations and Company’s procedures
- Manage the inventory of spare parts onboard and order as needed
- Stand watch in the machinery spaces if required, according to STCW Certificate of Competency
- Comply with the Company Safety Management System as it applies to the responsibilities of this position
- A Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW A-III/1 is preferred.
- Has successfully completed Basic Safety Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1 to 1-4.
- Has successfully completed Crowd Management Training in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English in both written and verbal forms.
- Appropriate training and experience in waste handling systems are preferred.
- Appropriate education, training, and experience in mechanical engineering would be considered.
- Any other background with training and experience in the maintenance of Hotels, Hospitals, Office/Apartment blocks, and Factories would be considered.