Graduate Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist – Site Engineer
Website Liberty Towers
Graduate Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental Engineers
Locations: Norfolk head office in Norwich and/or in Suffolk office in Long Melford
Starting date: Immediate/ASAP
Type: Full-Time / On Site
Salary Graduates: £20 000 – £25 000+ per year depending on education and experience
Please see company provisions and benefits below
Also scroll down to the end to see more positions immediately available for this client!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client has been offering specialised services in geotechnical and related disciplines for more than 4 decades.
With broad-based expertise in both soft and hard rock conditions, they cater to a variety of engineering projects including roads and highways, tunnels, earthworks, slope stability, and foundations.
Services offered and projects completed:
· Management consulting / contracting for civil engineering investigations
· Projects in both the public and private sectors for individual construction projects as well as major term contracts
· Full consultancy in geotechnics and well as the complementary disciplines of geo-environmental and hydrogeological engineering
· Practical engineering solutions creating a great reputation with both clients and contractors.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity for Graduate Geo-Environmental and Geotechnical Engineers to assist with the firm’s growing workload in the Infrastructure & Utilities sector.
Earth/Environmental Science, Engineering Geology, and Geotechnics Graduates are needed to join the growing fieldwork teams.
You should have the desire to work in the geotechnical and geo-environmental sector and develop your skills in fieldwork supervision, to gain the experience necessary to achieve deliverables like factual and interpretive report writing.
You will be reporting to the Fieldwork Manager. As a core member of the team, you will be expected to work within this team, sometimes autonomously, and deliver on work (mostly field-based but also office based) as scheduled.
You will work closely with the Engineers and Senior Engineers to ensure that the fieldwork that you will be supervising is carried out to the highest standards. As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable delivering under pressure.
REQUIREMENTS (Experience, Education and Skills)
· You have a first or second-class degree with a post-graduate master’s (not essential but desirable)
· Some experience in Geoscience, Engineering, or Geo-Environmental / Geotechnical related discipline would be an advantage, but not essential
· Experience with Geotechnical/Environmental supervision would be advantageous but not essential
· You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility are essential characteristics
· As a key member of the team, you should be comfortable working outdoors and delivering accurate results and deliverables under pressure
· Valid CSCS card (preferable but not essential)
· You have a natural aptitude for problem-solving which will enable you to assess issues in the field and communicate site feedback to the fieldwork manager and senior engineers, to ensure continuous improvement/development
· Full UK Driver’s License
· IT literacy (MS packages)
· Professional fluency in verbal and written English
· Right to work in the UK
· Supervision of intrusive site works in the field including
§ cable percussive drilling
§ Windowless sampling
§ Rotary drilling
§ trial pitting and
§ insitu testing
· Completion of project H&S documentation in the field and in the office
· Liaising with clients
· Onsite Project Management
· Monitoring and sampling of installed standpipes for ground gas and water level / quality
· Supervising the installation of new monitoring standpipes
· Travel – regular travel within the region and throughout the UK required
BENEFITS AND COMPANY PROVISIONS
· A competitive remuneration package tailored to your skills and experience
· Full training will be provided where required
· This role includes the provision of a mobile phone, life assurance, and contributory pension
· Company vehicles will be provided where necessary for fieldwork / travel
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. No applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of sex, marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or age.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE OPEN POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
· Geotechnical / Site Investigation Engineer
· Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist
· Geotechnical Field Technician
· Senior / Principle Geotechnical Engineering
If your qualification (graduates) and experience fit into these position descriptions, please do not hesitate to submit your resume to email@example.com clearly indicating the role that you would be interested in.