Website Jeff Smith & Associates (Recruiter for the Client Company)
Bioprocess, Filtration, Water & Wastewater Recruiting Specialist
Our client manufactures filtration products and skids for very demanding process applications in the oil & gas, food & beverage, drinking water , and chemical recycle markets. Their services include feasibility testing, pilot studies, membrane cleaning studies, application development, commissioning, after sale service.
The position reports to the Engineering Director and is responsible for equipment inventory, operation and maintenance of pilot/test equipment, the commissioning/start-up of pilot equipment either in-house or at customer sites, and commissioning/start-up of new customer systems at customer sites. Travel to customers is very low compared to similar jobs. Provide guidance and oversee the work of junior engineer/technician. Manage the assembly, replacement, or fabrication of some equipment. Organize the test plans and participate in determining operational parameters and the analysis of appropriate data.
· Conduct commissioning and start-up of new equipment.
· Assemble equipment and instrumentation.
· Discuss test protocols with Process and Engineering Director.
· Support the development of filtration process control programming
· Coordinate test plans and equipment needed to perform membrane pilot testing.
· Conduct operation, maintenance and modification of field and in-house pilot units.
· Coordinate with others during the design, engineering, construction, and startup of new or modified equipment to assure that installations meet the needs of our customers.
· Provide troubleshooting of equipment.
· Conduct on-site training with operating, maintenance, and management personnel.
· Evaluate existing process systems for increasing capacity and reliability.
· Support the delegation of projects to technicians or junior engineers.
· Prepare manuals and performance reports.
· BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
· Prior experience in Field Engineering, Commissioning and Operation of electromechanical process equipment and instrumentation
· Experience in PLC modifications, knowledge of LabVIEW or Allen-Bradley software for automated testing is a plus
· Experience in filtration and water treatment technologies is a plus
Interested candidates should forward a resume (MS Word) plus a brief email describing your relevant experience to Ric@jsmithassoc.com . Or call Ric Feldt at (508) 720-0660.
JEFF SMITH & ASSOCIATES is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in Life Sciences/Bioprocess, Filtration, and Water & Wastewater Treatment. To see other opportunities on which we are currently working, view our website at: www.jsmithassoc.com.