The future is what we make it
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join our team in Scotland. In this role you will carry out routine maintenance, design, install, commissioning, and effective repair to all Installed Fire products on customer sites in our Scotland and North East Region predominantly in Scotland.
BMS Commissioning Engineer – Fire responsibilities
- Adherence to Service Quality System via Internal and External Audit
- Reduction of unproductive time by continual organisation and monitoring workloads in conjunction with Resource Allocator or Field Service Leader
- Deliver extra works or projects within the expected business timescale and customers expectation
- Work to ensure all business Service KPI’s are met. Examples: Maintenance backlog, Real Time Working, Aged Open calls, Project /Small Work on time delivery
- Control stock via regular stock takes to ensure that stock variances are managed within budget
- Identify price and deliver any additional maintenance small works or projects
- Act as a first line of escalation for Central Administrators and other engineers with problems on customer sites
- Familiarity with Health & Safety regulations and the ability to work within customer-controlled environments
- Commissioning knowledge of Gent by Honeywell Products or knowledge of 3rd party and similar products
- Desire and ability to continually develop skills in line with business requirements and customer needs
- Ability to identify and satisfy customer needs
- Experience of identifying and satisfying commercial opportunities
- Good communication skills (orally and written) to communicate effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to work within clearly defined Quality Management Systems
- Experience in design and delivery of projects working for or with contractors and end users
- Extensive knowledge of Fire systems of various manufacturers
- Knowledge of Security Systems including CCTV, Access and Intruder
- Understanding or previous certified training on BS5839 maintenance Installation and design
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Market specific training and on-going personal development
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.