Field Service Technician
Evoqua Water Technologies
Summary of role:
Responsible for undertaking servicing, maintaining, commissioning, installing and provision of technical support on the complete range of our customer’s disinfection products and solutions. Working under own initiative with minimal supervision, to provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible, the work will encompass installation, maintenance, on-site repairs, inspections, fault finding and making recommendations to external customers as well as internal colleagues.
• Responsible for servicing, maintaining, commissioning, installing and provision of technical support across the full range of Disinfection Products and Systems throughout the Industry Vertical markets it serves which typically includes water & wastewater (Muni, Leisure, and Industrial), power, chemical, O&G, food & bev, pharmaceutical.
• Responsible for ensuring that any new mechanical and electrical installations are installed to good engineering practice and in accordance with company issued P&ID’s.
• Will act as the face of the organisation on customer sites and build relationship & partnerships with our external customers as well as our internal colleagues.
• Responsible for ensuring that all paperwork regarding installation, commissioning or servicing is completed in line with company procedures and are sent to the project manager or service office within the specified time frames. For example completing detailed word document site reports with recommendations.
• Responsible for the commissioning of newly installed water treatment plant and provide instrumentation configuration expertise.
• Will understand the needs of our customers and markets and aim to achieve first time fixes-solutions leading to reduced breakdown times and lower costs to the customer.
• Will continuously seek to add value to the services provided which includes remote diagnostic support services and training. Will technically demonstrate and explain issues and solutions with customers and end users.
• Will ensure that all sales opportunities for equipment, spares or service are quickly advised to the appropriate personnel.
• Responsibility for environmental and H&S when on site and ensure control measures are in place in the field. This will include completion of relevant risk assessments, method statements and undertaking all relevant legislative training requirements. Ensure that all activities undertaken on-site have associated method statements, risk assessments and permits and co-ordinate service activities on customer sites to ensure compliance with rules/requirements
• Feedback to relevant internal departments where issues persist on-site with the products and whenever practicable offer recommendations for improving product/documentation/warranty going forward
- Ability to work at remote sites either on own, or with others, and commitment to vary working hours to meet the needs of the job which may require the applicant to cover periods of on-call duty.
- Willingness to travel and work in different geographical locations when required, which will necessitate periods of time being spent away from home (typically away weekly with variable nights dependent upon business needs). Able to travel and work abroad for short periods of time when opportunities arise
- Ability to assimilate information gained on the job and from training materials and courses and apply that learning in the field.
- Flexibility: Ability to manage own workload and to adjust and adapt given work schedule in line with variable business demands
- Possesses the ability to read and maintain “As Built Drawings” (electrical, mechanical, P&I) through to final Commissioning in order to ensure that O&M manuals can be updated as may be required
- Display sound H&S awareness and track record
- Must hold valid, clean UK driving licence
- Experienced or apprentice trained craftsman with mechanical, electrical or electro-mech background and qualification.
- Experience of fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of Water Treatment related products and systems.
- Demonstrate a commercial awareness and an ability to recognise new service sales opportunities for the organisation which include system upgrades (Retrofit) and new capital equipment sales.
- Tasks are varied and therefore an in-depth knowledge of Water Treatment processes, the equipment employed and the applications that they are associated with, would be an advantage.
- C&G 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- BTEC, ONC or C&G in mechanical, electrical or electro-mech
- Have a EUSR hygiene card
- Preferred Skills and PLC knowledge and literacy:
First Aid training
Confined spaces training
Have a CSCS card or equivalent