Crown Technical Staffing
Crown Technical Staffing is looking for a talented, mid-career level Field Service Technician/Engineer for an industry leading Industrial Machinery Manufacturer in the Greater Columbus, Ohio area. The ideal candidate will install and commission new systems and be extremely well-versed in modifying PLC’s and HMI’s code. This role will require domestic and international (Europe mainly) travel up to 90%.
Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
Installs and commissions new systems within the schedule and budget provided by the project team. This includes mechanical, hydraulic, cooling water, inert gas, ultra-high-pressure fluid and gas, electrical and control systems.
Administration and reporting of projects.
While at a customer location, leads on-site project staff, consisting of customer maintenance crew and external contractors.
Trains customers and associates through both classroom settings and practical applications.
Assures personal and site staff safety.
Accurate and timely documentation.
Customer relations: proactive engagement to assure customer needs are being met including remote support of customers and coworkers.
Support of other department/sites; including spare parts, project management, and areas of engineering.
Assists with production including but not limited to building presses, thermal barrier assemblies (TBA’s) and feed-through thermocouples.
Travels internationally and domestically for short periods of time (i.e. a few days) to up to 4-6 months per assignment. Travel component is approximately 90%.
Experience and personal qualifications:
· 5-8 years’ experience as a Field Service Engineer/Technician
· Preference to candidates with experience in modifying controls code for PLCs and HMIs, especially Rockwell and Wonderware, respectively.
· Proficiency in hydraulics, high-pressure gas, and furnaces
· Experience installing large capital equipment products
· Experience with ultra-high pressure desired
· Experience with remote diagnostic programs preferred but not required
· Ability to coordinate, set priorities, and lead a large project that includes but is not limited to: crane operations, rigging, electrical installation and plumbing
· Ability to read and interpret hydraulic, electrical, gas, and mechanical prints; along with PLC ladder logic and function block code
· Familiar with cooling water, pneumatic, and high-pressure systems
· BS in Engineering preferred; AS or equivalent experience will be considered
· Must be able to clear a background check and pre-employment drug screen
What we can offer:
Competitive salary and benefits
International working environment
Participation in a very interesting company expansion
Be part of an engaging and innovative company culture that is growing your career as well as the industry
3 Weeks of vacation (Company Paid)
40 Hours of personal time
Christmas through New Years is considered Holiday (Time off)
If working on a Holiday, you will receive time and a half for any hours worked, plus 8 hours of straight time for Holiday pay.
We are an equal opportunity employer